Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 22, 2011


                                    STATMENT

                                                   YASEMIN OZSAVASCI 

I am a Turkish paper marbling artist.  I mix paper and organic paints with Turkish and Islamic artistic expression to create my work. I studied and practiced TURKISH PAPER MARBLING methods in Germany and Turkey . In Turkish, the paper marbling art is called “ebru.”  The word “ebru” means cloud.
An important part of my work is the paper that I use.  My favorite paper material is one that has a very good surface and strength for ebru art.  Marbling has an energy of it's own.  It seems alive as it works and breathes with me to provide spiritual and uniquely crafted patterns and images with an artistic life.
I studied ebru with my mother Yurdagul Ozsavasci master marbler from Istanbul, Turkey.. I have presented my work in exhibits at galleries in Germany, Manhattan, throughout New York City, and Turkey. Now I have come home continue my marbling art in new jersey. I have taught professionally for years and put together workshops in Turkish paper marbling in Manhattan Long Island and Brooklyn at the Turkish Cultural centers.  I also have given demonstrations at  many Festivals, Friend ship dinners, and TV interviews for Ebru TV and kanal Turk. 
My vision is to help with the re-emergence of the ancient craft of marbling and creating an awareness of its artistic capabilities. I want to do this by establishing an "Ebru Art" Turkish paper marbling studio in New Jersey.  From this studio I will produce unique marbled sheets, on commercial, and handmade paper. When my expectations of creative expression have been met I will frame and exhibit the piece for the public to enjoy and talk about.. I will also take marbled papers and turn them into personally handcrafted one-of-a-kind decorative boxes, collage art and various types of greeting cards etc .
www.turkishpapermarbling.com
ozsavasci@gmail.com


Sincerely
Yasemin Ozsavasci


2 comments:

  1. ellerinize saglik yasemin hanim, cok cok guzel olmus...

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) sizlerinde gozlerinize saglik cok tesekkur ederim .

    ReplyDelete

STATMENT OF YASEMIN OZSAVASCI

My photo
little falls, new jersey, United States
I am a Turkish paper marbling artist using craft and artistic expression to create various works of craft-art. I studied and practiced TURKISH PAPER MARBLING methods of paper marbling in Germany and Turkey.I have developed many stylized papers. My favorite proved to be the paper that has a very good surface and strength for paper marbling (ebru art ) Marbling has an energy of it's own, it seems alive as it works with me to provide mystical and uniquely crafted patterns and images with an artistic life. I studied marbling with my mother Yurdagul Ozsavasci master marbler from Turkey Istanbul . I have presented my work in exhibits at galleries in Germany Manhattan New York and Turkey. Now I have come home continue my marbling art in new jersey. I professionally teach for years Turkish paper marbling in Manhattan Long Island and Brooklyn at the Turkish Cultural centers and attend in many Festivals Friend ship dinners and TV interviews like Ebru TV and Kanal Turk.